So, you’re considering a new look, some thick new curtains and you have your heart set on a wrought iron rod to complete the look. Great!
Here’s the problem: If you have a window space which extends over 4 metres then using a wrought iron bar can become tricky. The fact of the matter is that because of the length a rod that is over 4 metres will require 4 or more brackets to support it.
Hang on, why don’t you install more brackets? That will solve the problem, right?
Remember that too many brackets may get in the way and impede the curtains opening and closing. And if you don’t use more than 3 brackets and you’re planning on hanging heavy curtains then the rod might sag.
Hmmm, seems like a bit of a pickle, doesn’t it? The truth is that this curtain conundrum can be easily solved by using one of our most ground breaking products – the metal rod and track combo.
With the metal rod and track combo you get the best of both worlds.
It gives you the wrought iron look, complete with finials and matching hold backs, but with our Verona free-wheeling track attached directly behind the rod. This allows the curtains to be completely free-flowing under the rod, regardless of the length.
The good news is that the metal rod and track combo is not only a back-up plan for those who want the wrought iron look and have a large area to cover. In fact, many people choose the metal rod and track combo for shorter lengths instead of wrought iron because it looks great and works so well!
Still not convinced?
Here are 7 reasons why our metal rod and track combo is the perfect choice for you!
- The rods are firmly attached to the wall, so they don’t move when curtains are drawn.
- It’s economical because expensive metal brackets and rings are not required.
- It looks great, regardless of the length of the rod.
- Curtains work far more efficiently with wheeled runners than with rings or eyelets.
- It is available in single, double or triple combinations.
- We have colours to suit a variety of tastes (black, antique copper, white, bright silver and matt silver).
- Our full range of finials and hold-backs can be used with this look.
It’s possible to get the look you want without having to compromise. If you like the wrought iron look like we do and you have a large area that needs to be covered, why not contact us or visit the Dorado store and enquire about our metal rod and track combo and we’ll assist you as best we can.